Kintsugi Modern Kit
About the Kintsugi Modern Kit:
The Kintsugi modern method kit is great for learning the art of Kintsugi at home. Even if you have no prior experience, the kit is a simple and fun way to get you started with this ancient Japanese art - the modern way. As the drying times in this kit are much quicker than the traditional method, you can easily repair your broken ceramic, wood, plastic or even glass pieces. The modern kit also includes the traditional ‘Urushi’ materials needed to repair your pieces, and is a common method used worldwide.
The Kit includes:
• A 5g tube of Bengara Urushi
• A traditional Bamboo Kintsugi stick
• Thin art brush for Urushi application
• Alternative gold powder
• Double epoxy resin tubes (9ml x 2)
• Epoxy putty
• Latex gloves, cotton buda
• User’s guide (in Turkish, please contact us for the English version)
• Keep urushi in a cool and dry place. The kit includes ziploc bags for this purpose. Bengara Urushi may be kept for up to one year in this way.
• Kit contents are enough approximately for the repair of two medium-sized bowls, or one large vase or plate.
• The Kit does not include objects for repair
• Repairs made using the modern Kintsugi kit are not suitable for food and drink, and should be used for decorative purposes only.
The video guide on how to use our kit is here:
All of our kit prices are inclusive of tax. Shipping costs are additional for international orders, which we send via tracked UPS shipping.