Jewellery Care Guide
All Emma Krafft Items are made to the highest standards, but as with all premium items, they also require care. Here are some guidelines to help you keep your pieces in optimum condition.
- Avoid wearing your jewellery during activities such as showering, swimming, working out and cleaning.
- Aim to keep your jewellery away from cosmetics and chemicals.
- Please be aware that stones may loosen over time and metals may oxidize. Be sure to have your gemstone pieces checked by a professional jeweller yearly. Cleaning may be done at home with the guidelines below.
- Gemstones, especially pearls can be delicate and will chip or shatter on impact. Please take care during use.
- It is best to clean your jewellery in warm soapy water and with a soft toothbrush.
- Avoid placing soft gemstones such as pearls and opals in ultrasonic cleaners.
- Items that are plated may wear off over time, so be careful when polishing or wiping these items.
- Moisture, heat and humidity can cause tarnishing so please avoid storing your jewellery in humid areas such as bathrooms.
- It is best to store your jewellery in a jewellery box or pouch to avoid external stressors.